[Bioperl-l] Bio::Ontology additions

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Jun 21 22:56:25 EDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 11:37  AM, Allen Day wrote:

> So... I have added two new methods to SimpleGOEngine to accomodate
> this:
>
> add_relationship_type( $type_name, $ontology)
> 	- adds new relationship types that don't already exist in the
> 	ontology.  creates Bio::Ontology::RelationshipTypeI objects.
> 	returns 1 on successful creation, undef on failure.
>
> get_relationship_type( $type_name)
> 	- returns the previously created Bio::Ontology::RelationshipTypeI
> 	object, or undef if there isn't one.

It sounds like these could be generally useful (or even required). If
so you may want to consider adding them to OntologyEngineI; generally
speaking the parser may be supplied with an engine implementation
different from SimpleGOEngine (although I believe right now the parser
will throw up for other reasons if you do that ...).

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org