[Bioperl-l] RE: Bio::FeatureHolderI interface confusion

Nathan (Nat) Goodman natg at shore.net
Fri Jun 20 06:51:21 EDT 2003

Hi Folks

There seems to be an emerging consensus on two points:

1) It would be good to recast the debate in a balanced technical form.  The
exact form is yet to be determined.  One possibility would be to think of
this as a technical evaluation of BioPerl – the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I’d recommend starting with the good, since even the most critical users are
_users_ -- we use BioPerl because it has so much good stuff.

2) It would be useful to set up a BioPerl CPAN, or at least to do some
initial design work for this.

Hilmar suggested that I take the lead and lay out the principles along which
to populate BioPAN, and I’m happy to do so.

Would someone else be willing to take the lead on the technical evaluation?
I nominate Steve Chervitz, since he brings the benefit of historical
perspective to this undertaking.

Best,
Nat