[Bioperl-l] module for unflattening GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ records

Chris Mungall cjm at fruitfly.org
Wed Jun 18 10:37:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Ewan Birney wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Chris Mungall wrote:
>

> > I have a module (and corresponding .t test) ready to commit to bioperl.
> > I'm including the pod docs below.
> >
> > It is called Bio::Tools::GenBankCollector - is this the correct namespace?
> > good name?
>
> Bio::Tools::GenBankFeatureCollector ???

now's the time for a name change if required

the idea is that it 'collects' features together, into groups then
hierarchies.

perhaps 'GenBank' should be removed form the name; though i think the
primary use will be GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ sourced data

Bio::Tools::Unflattener
Bio::Tools::HierarchyBuilder
Bio::Tools::NestedFeatureBuilder

?

> > Should I commit this? Main trunk or branch?
> >

> Main trunk.

ok

> > What is an acceptable size for a t/data file? Is ~400kb fine? Presumably I
> > should do a "cvs add -kb" (it is a genbank record).
> >

> Fine.

ok