[Bioperl-l] Statistical Methods in Bioinformatics: An Introduction

Serge Ivahno sergeybio at ukr.net
Thu Jun 12 18:06:47 EDT 2003

Dear friends.

I do apologise for the departure from topics of bioperl mailing list,
though my question (or, more accurately, plea for aid ) is directly linked to bioinformatics .
Graduated in biochemistry from Kyiv University, I am now trying to conduct research in Bioinformatics, but because central scientific libraries are completely empty ( which is usual phenomenon in Ukraine) it is very difficult to embark upon this new subject .

This especially concerns statistical principles in Bioinformatics , that are very poorly represented on the Internet , the only source of literature for my work .The cost of English books, which are very difficult to order from Ukraine, are also prohibitively expensive .I just wonder if someone with an easy access to library ,while spending some time there ┘will be able to photocopy the book Statistical Methods in Bioinformatics: An Introduction and send it to me by post .I would be enormously grateful and will pay for all expenditures on photocopy and postal delivery ( I believe photocopy doesn▓t cost as much as the original book, though I am ready to spend all my savings ).I would accept any suggestions on my e-mail  sergeybio at ukr.net and sorry again for any disturbance .

Best wishes.
Sergey.