[Bioperl-l] OBDA/Flat question

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Jun 11 10:15:14 EDT 2003

Elia,

There's been little discussion of OBDA. On the other hand, it hasn't been
well publicized. It's known to Bioperl insiders and those who attend
bioinformatics meetings but I assume that many Bioperl users are neither
insiders nor attenders. For quite some time I would wonder "What is this
OBDA that they're talking about?" and "What is this registry that they keep
talking about?" With a publication and some more publicity at bioperl.org
there should be more interest, particularly amongst the "power users".

What I've done is taken the doc/howto/BIODATABASE_ACCESS.txt file and
converted it to Docbook, so we can put it up on the Web sites, this will
increase the visibility of OBDA a bit. The authors are Lincoln, Heikki,
Peter S., me, and Aaron. You might want to double-check it, though I've done
little editing.

Brian O.