[Bioperl-l] BioSQL or chado

Steve Mathias smathias at unm.edu
Tue Jul 29 22:00:29 EDT 2003

I guess it depends somewhat on your requirements.  BioSQL and chado seem
to be the two obvious choices.  Not being terribly familiar with
GMOD/chado, my impression is that biosql is the more mature and stable
of the two.  Two others that I looked at recently when pondering the
same dilema were GUS (http://www.gusdb.org/) and the Ensembl schema (or
parts of it, anyway).

For whatever it's worth -- about $0.02 ;-), I chose BioSQL.

Steve