[Bioperl-l] (no subject)

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 11:27:02 EDT 2003

Christophe,

There is nothing in Bioperl that could do it.

However, adding it is not too difficult. Emulating the MeSH browser page
at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html is easy.

Is this the only public server?

The main problem is what to do with the result. We need to write a class
that captures the returned information in a sensible way. Storing the id
(D002079), heading ('Butter') and annotation ('a dairy product & dietary
fat; MARGARINE is also available') is straight forward.
What is definition in this context?
All terms can belong to many trees. How should that information be
captured?

How wold you like to query MeSH data in addition to ID? Term? Tree
number?

	-Heikki