[Bioperl-l] BioPerl CPAN

Nathan (Nat) Goodman natg at shore.net
Thu Jul 17 10:46:51 EDT 2003

I agree completely with Ewan's point below:

> The more I think about it, the more I think we should just use the CPAN
> system as it stands now, and perhaps have (a) some web pages, indicating
> which CPAN packages are "part" of bioperl (b) announce to the list that
> people can get CPAN depositing rights as-per-normal and then they should
> add their module onto a web site list with perhaps a type of
>
>    "bioperl-development", "bioperl-scripts" or something.
>
> This way, no one needs to set anything up (but a web page...) and it is
> just about contributions...

My team and I are happy to get the ball rolling here.  We can start with our
own software (I'm speaking here of work other than GBrowse and related code,
as Lincoln controls that).  The module that's closest to release is our
Biblio extension.  It would be good to include some other modules, too, so
it's not just an ISB thing.  If people will volunteer their modules, we can
work with them to work out the best way to do it.

Best,
Nat