[Bioperl-l] Re: bacterial genome annotation

Marcus Claesson m.claesson at student.ucc.ie
Wed Jul 16 09:32:06 EDT 2003

I now think there's another solution that blasting against the new
sequence. After I sent out my question I found a public program that
seem to solve the problem at least for prokaryotes. It's Sequin at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Sequin/

It has quite a nice feature that checks the differences between old
and new sequence, let you scroll thorugh them and then updates. The
input is fasta format and a tab-separated textfile with annotations.
Sequin then creates a genbank entry that can be updated with new
sequence in fasta format.

To me this looks very good! Have a look at it!

Marcus