[Bioperl-l] specifying options in StandAloneBlast.pm

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Jul 8 18:22:28 EDT 2003

I guess non-dashed parameters were Peter's preference when he wrote it
originally.

I think the inconsistency is annoying too but it seems to have been
adopted across the bioperl-run implementations now...

If someone wants to own this module - we would do well to support blastcl3
as a drop in replacement for blastall as well so people can use NCBI's
client rather than webbased remoteblasting (although I guess you can't
really queue up a bunch of queries with it).

A whole bunch more enhancements probably ought to go into it as well since
this is probably one of the most commonly used bioperl runnable - yet it
doesn't really have a maintainer.  Mat Wiepert had voluntered before, but
I may have scared him off it...

-jason