[Bioperl-l] Genbank interface changed, or is it just temporarily down?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 2 16:29:20 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I've been using a script that uses Boulder::Genbank to retrieve GB
records, and on failure falls back on Bio::DB::GenBank.  On Friday,
around noon, both calls started failing (with no change in code in the
intervening 10 minutes between the time the script worked, and the time
it stopped working), and they are still failing this morning.

Does anyone know if Genbank suddenly changed their interface, or is it
just temporarily down?  I traced the Bio::DB::GenBank calls all the way
to the URL, and put that URL into my browser and got a blank page back,
so that suggests that something is wrong at their end.

Does anyone know what's up?

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>