[Bioperl-l] biolinux.org: bioperl rpm

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri Jan 24 16:45:51 EST 2003

I think this is great - we may want to get a copy so we can mirror it on
web/ftp site as well.  Hunter Matthews did a 1.0 rpm at one point I don't
know if he has plans to follow the 1.2 release as well.  There is a
specfile already developed there as a starting point though.

The biggest problem is always making sure all the dependancies are met and
the fact that some dependancies are optional (GD is only necessary if you
want to do Bio::Graphics, DBD::mysql, DBI are only necessary if you want
to do Bio::DB::GFF, LWP is only necessary if you want to do
Bio::DB::GenBank, etc).

-jason