[Bioperl-l] problems getting 1.2 tarball

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:33:43 -0500

Bioperl-l,
It looks like we've agreed that core Bioperl scripts should go in either of
2 places, examples/ or scripts/. A script should be put somewhere in
scripts/ if it can take command-line arguments, if it's well documented, and
if it has real-world utility. We would also hope that such a script would be
tested (as of a few months ago all scripts passed "perl -cw" but weren't
necessarily tested). Scripts in scripts/ will have the suffix .PLS and will
be installed in the location specified in $SCRIPT_INSTALL on 'make install'.
All this is basically correct, yes?
I'd be happy to take on the job of moving scripts to their proper locations
unless someone wants to do it (I've been out of the loop for a few months,
forgive me...). This job also entails changing any and all script locations
specified in a few different files. Any thoughts before I do or do not
proceed?
Brian O.