[Bioperl-l] EMBOSSApplication warnings?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Feb 3 10:36:50 EST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 08:17  AM, Wiepert, Mathieu wrote:

> 'Odd number of elements in hash assignment at embosstest.pl line 97.'
>
> I have an odd number of elements, but they are correct.  The error
> doesn't cause the program to die, so it is just the annoyance of
> receiving the errors, nothing else.

It's a warning, not an error. Assigning an odd number of elements to a
hash means that you don't have a perfect (key, value) order. At least
one key is without an explicit value. After your assignment, the last
element in the array will become that valueless key, i.e., a key in the
hash with an undefined value. If that's what you want, either append
undef to the array, or turn off the warning as Heikki explained. If it
is not what you want, you need to revisit your code, since then there
is a bug.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org