[Bioperl-l] Really Minor (but annoying) things

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Mon Dec 22 21:30:54 EST 2003

Here are a couple of really minor things that I picked up recently (and
if I don't send them now, I am bound to forget). I can go ahead and
submit these changes unless there are objections:

Bio::Tools::RemoteBlast

The line
open(SAVEOUT, ">$filename") or $self->throw("cannot open $filename");
should probably be
open(SAVEOUT, ">>$filename") or $self->throw("cannot open $filename");
so that you can put all the BLAST results into one file.

Bio::Matrix::PhylipDist->new

the docs are completely wrong for this because the module was updated
to use the new Matrix::IO system, and if it is called as described in
the docs it should either silently pass this information onto the
correct module (Bio::Matrix::IO) or throw a warning.

Rob