[Bioperl-l] some tests fail on Mac OS X

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Sun Dec 14 15:21:32 EST 2003

It's past time for a new Bundle::Bioperl release in CPAN. I'll work with
the release developers to make sure the bundle is in sync with the next
release.

-c

Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:
> Koen,
>
> What do you mean by database related modules? DBI::mysql? (You are not meaning
> bioperl-db, are you?)
>
> You might want to follow up what Chris does every time there s a new release.
> He updates a CPAN bundle: Bundle-BioPerl which contains links into all
> bioperl-core dependencies. Users can install them all using one cpan command.
>
> 	-Heikki
>

> On Sunday 14 Dec 2003 7:28 pm, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>
>>I am also wondering how many external modules I should add to the
>>dependencies. I understand that missing modules will only result in
>>less functionality for bioperl. One thing I did not put in sofar are
>>database related modules. Is that something that most users won't miss?
>>Are there other modules that you (or other bioperl developers) think
>>are really needed?
>>

>>thanks again,
>>

>>- Koen.

Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
Independent life science IT & informatics consulting
Office: 617-666-6454, Mobile: 617-877-5498, Fax: 425-699-0193
PGP KeyID: 83D4310E Yahoo IM: craffi Web: http://bioteam.net