[Bioperl-l] some tests fail on Mac OS X

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 14 10:47:56 EST 2003

On Dec 13, 2003, at 5:04 PM, Jason Stajich wrote:

>> Weird, I have it installed too, but these two tests still fail.
>>

> you sure it is the right version for your perl?  perldoc HTML::Entities
> definitely works?

Yes - it's version 3.27 on 10.3.1, also installed with fink.

>> I'd like to help, but am not sure how. Is there a way to run an
>> individual test without using 'make test' ?
>>

> % make test_ESEfinder
>
> OR
>
> % perl -I. -w t/ESEfinder.t

thanks, I'll try that.

BTW, I am the maintainer of bioperl for fink. I am using the 1.303
release to test for the next package version.

One thing that I noticed is that the scripts are directly installed
into /sw/bin instead of in the directory that is actually used to build
the package (/sw/src/root-bioperl-pm/sw/bin/). I have looked at
Makefile.PL, but my knowledge of perl is not that good that I could
figure out why this happens. Is there a way that I can patch
Makefile.PL so that the scripts get installed in the place required for
fink?

thanks,

- Koen.