[Bioperl-l] Bio::Restriction::Analysis feature merge

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Tue Dec 9 18:39:49 EST 2003

Peter,

I have a few comments on these revised modules:

1. Does circularity work OK? It fails the tests I devised at the moment
(there is an MwoI site near the 0 point on t/data/dna1.fa)
2. It doesn't seem to handle multiple digests - did you add this in and
am I missing it?
3. Do you have other test scripts that you have run on these so I can
compare?
4. I don't like the idea of reverse complementing the target sequence.
If you are using a large target sequence (e.g. 1 Mbp or more) this will
be horrible. It would be a lot better to reverse the enzyme and should
be the same (of course, you'd have to reverse the complementary strand
of the non-palindroimic enzyme).
5. The newer version of Enzyme.pm (in cvs) doesn't require Storable.pm,
and this is better than demanding it be there.

If you are done working on this I'll fix it up and alter the method
that gets the cut site to move that into Enzyme.pm so that Analysis
just works with the integers, and add the changed modules into cvs
before the weekend. If you have made any other changes can you email
them to me so I can incorporate them too?

Thanks

Rob