[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::FPC

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu Aug 28 11:31:21 EDT 2003

Jamie,

>From the looks of it seems that a Marker can have one or more Positions and
a Positions can have a range and a Map. But you asked about iterating over a
Marker's Positions to find the "clones" (and both "clones" and "contigs" are
smaller and larger Maps respectively, yes?). I'm seeing the ability to
get/set but not anything like "next_position", but this is after a minute's
inspection. I'd suggest you take a better and closer look at Mappable,
Postion, and Map to get the real answer. If there's really nothing
resembling this I'm certain you could create it, I think it's to your
advantage to use, and possibly enrich, Bioperl's existing objects so that in
the future you'll have access to all that's inside. But you knew that
already...

By the way, say "Hi!" to Rod Wing for me, he's a friend of mine from way
back.

Brian O.