[Bioperl-l] problem with Graphics

Sean O'Brien sobrien at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 12 15:45:33 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have been trying to get BioPerl to output png's, but I seem to be getting
invalid png files.  I have a fresh install of libgd, version 2.0.15 and my GD
version is 2.07.  I installed Bundle::BioPerl, and after having no luck, I
installed BioPerl version 1.2.2 from the sources in
current_core_stable.tar.gz.  When I run 'make test' I get an ok for
BioGraphics.  Also, when I run the first script described in the Bio Graphics
tutorial, it runs with no errors and outputs some data which appears as
though it could be an image.  However, the file seems to be of an invalid png
format because it cannot be opened by display, galeon or the GIMP.  This is
pretty frustrating because everything apears to be installing/running fine,
but then the image is somehow corrupted.  What might I have done wrong/ need
to do to make this work.  Thanks.

-S