[Bioperl-l] Re: Bioperl-l Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Scott Cain cain at cshl.org
Wed Aug 6 15:52:28 EDT 2003

Laurence,

I ran a script very similar to what you are using (the code I used is
below), and I didn't have any problems, at least not if what is expected
is the same as this: http://www.gmod.org/BioGraphicsTest.png.

I suspect you are having a version problem.  I am using bioperl-live
(from CVS), but when I installed bioperl-1.2.2, it failed in the way you
describe.  Where is the tutorial you are reading?  Perhaps it is not in
sync with the most recent version of released bioperl.

Here is the script I used:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Bio::Graphics;
use Bio::SeqFeature::Generic;

my $panel= Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(-length =>1000,-width =>800);
my $track=$panel->add_track(-glyph =>'generic',-label =>1);

while (<DATA>)
{
         chomp;
         next if /^\#/;
         my ($name,$score,$start,$end)=split /\s+/;
         warn "$name\n";
         my $feature=
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(-display_name=>$name,-score=>$score,-start=>$start,-end=>$end);
         $track->add_feature($feature);
}

print $panel->png;

__DATA__