[Bioperl-l] FASTA module

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:48:48 -0400 (EDT)

You should look at the existing code in the bioperl-run repository -- all
application wrappers live in there now.  Module should inherit from
Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase.

You should probably decide if you are going to build a generic toplevel
object and subclass for the various (T)FAST(XAY) and how you plan to deal
with different versions of fasta on the system since fasta33 is
named differently from fasta34.

You may want to propose some ideas before you start working on too much
code.  I would advise against just trying to clone StandAloneBlast as
things have become more generalized since it was written and it would be
helpful to continue this generalization trend.

-jason