[Bioperl-l] VariationIO and Tempfile tests failing

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:50:29 -0700

> (Pls test before checking in changes, especially when working with a
> toplevel Bio::Root object!)

Just for my beer debt record this wasn't me...

> line 237 Bio::Root::Root was:
>   return unless ref $self ne 'HASH';
>
> however this will return false as ref($self) is
> 'Bio::Root::IO', instead,
> should be:
>   return unless ref $self && $self->isa('HASH');

Great that you found this. I was absolutely clueless.

> The whole reason for this test is that Lincoln has
> objects which use arrays underneath, just the implementation
> is flawed.
> This works on perl 5.6.1 but we should test
>
> my $hash = {};
> print $hash->isa('HASH'), "\n";

It works even in 5.004, but you have to bless the hash ref first:

	my $hash = bless {}, "Bio::Seq";

-hilmar