[Bioperl-l] release status

Allen Smith easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:38:33 -0400

On Jul 15,  4:03am, Kris Boulez wrote:
> Quoting Jason Stajich (jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu):
> >
> > I have checked this on an IRIX machine and seems to actually run okay with
> > ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.00.  Serge's program reports ARG_MAX = 20480 which I
> > think is the standard install on those boxes.  Those of you with IRIX
> > boxes please give it a shot.  If it is the case I'll add some notes in
> > the INSTALL and PLATFORM files before the release.
> >

> Great, using MakeMaker 6.03 this bioperl-1.02 does 'make' and 'make
> test' fine on an Irix 6.5.6m

? My experience differs radically. Same error, MakeMaker 6.03, ncargs was
the standard install one as per the above. Were these with most of the
optional modules getting installed? Serge's program was what? I'm currently
seeing if an increased ncargs will work... yep, works. 65000 did the
trick. Sigh... means I'll have to go to each of our machines and tinker with
the kernel - at least it doesn't require a reboot.

	Thanks,

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith			http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
September 11, 2001		A Day That Shall Live In Infamy II