[Bioperl-l] Re: chgs to seqfeature::generic

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:51:19 -0700

On Saturday, October 19, 2002, at 05:54 AM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> Hilmar -
>
> Glad you implemented the changes - One question, if we're requiring
> -seq_id now instead of -seqname - should we try and trap both as inputs
> since it requires people to change their code - we could warn about
> deprecation if people use -seqname or just accept both as inputs.

I chose to keep both -seqname and -seq_id, with -seq_id taking
precedence if both are given.

I agree with adding the warning -- this change was not for pure
naming consistency, but to disentangle semantic ambiguities and
mingling in the code. If you call seqname() you'd get a warning as
well.

> I can implement this, I just think it will help me catch all the
> cases in
> my code where I have used -seqname.

I just did this. Watch out for warnings :-)

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org