[Bioperl-l] Please test

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

yOn Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Shailesh L Mistry wrote:

> Hi Ewan,
>

> just done an update and I get the following errors :-
>
> Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t\SearchIO.t                     658    4   0.61%  19 317 342 347
> t\consed.t                           15    2  13.33%  12 14
>

> 1) t\SearchIO.t    (got:1.46134e-90 but expected:1.46134e-090)

Fixed I think, by explicitly doing sprintf('%g', $value) and made sure
all sci notation values are quoted as strings.

> I think we are agreed to let this one go since it is only a question
> of format.

No the tests need to pass or people get freaked out.

> 2) t\consed.t
> a) I just checked in WinCVS and consed.pm is at revision 1.19 and is labelled
> "biopel-devel-1-1-1" but it still contains and line 105 still says "use
> Dumpvalue qw(dumpValue);" instead of "use Dumpvalue;". Can you confirm this?

changed it. try now.

> b) Test 12 got:114 but expected 179
> This test enters count_sequences_with_grep and checks in acefile.ace.1 to find
> 114 AF's. It then checks the path (bioperl-live/) for files using :-
>
> next unless ($f =~ /\.singlets$/);
>
> nothing matches so the final return value is 114.
> Please can you confirm the path it should be looking in and which files it
> should find.

This is plain silly, you'll never run consed on windows in the first
place, I say just skip tests for this module on windows platform.  I'll
check that in.