[Bioperl-l] est2genome and bioperl

Charles Plessy c.plessy@mangoosta.net
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:55:03 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to compare the results of est2genome on two sets of sequences
(ests, and clusters), in order to identify sequences that are
really likely to be part of the same gene.

(I'm working with zebrafish, and since the genome is partially
duplicated, it's hard to tell if we deal with geneX.1 or geneX.2 when
it's homologous to a mamalian geneX. In addition, I don't have any
idea of the reliability of automatic clusterings in zebrafish for this
same reason.)

My question is : is there a parser of est2genome output implemented in
bioperl? From a google search, I would say no, but...

Thanks,

Charles