[Bioperl-l] recovering blast query_name

Lewis Lukens lnlukens@facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:14:23 -0500

Mat,

Thanks for the reply. I transcribed the synopsis code from the newest
remoteblast and updated to 1.0.2 from 1.0.

I am having the same problem, however...
print "db is ", $result->database_name(),"\n";  is OK.
$result->query_name();
$result->query_description();  are empty.

I don't think anything is wrong with the input file.  I cut and
pasted a sequence manually, and NCBI likes it.  Also, when I use
remoteblast, it smoothly processes one sequence after the other- it
faithfully records everything... but (seemingly) loses the query name.

None of the following query names were recorded:
>  Sequence 1
>U20499_EXON_1A 2848-2960 of U20499
>gi|22136|emb|X01965.1|ZMADH2NR (the real one)

Thanks again... other ideas?
Lewis