[Bioperl-l] Start of obsessive testing; Makefile too long

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:34:45 +0000 (GMT)

I was planning to start obessive testing for getting towards 1.2 but...
now we have gone over Digital UNIX's commandline rules in the Makefile
system

ecs1h[birney]50: make test
Make: line too long.  Stop.

(a) - What is the work around (I am using Perl 5.6.1 here). Probably:

   o With latest ExtUtils::MakeMaker module installed SGI/IRIX should
      not run into trouble running the makefile

(b) - Given that this will now be hit both IRIX and Digital UNIX, is this
the same on Solaris, Linux and Mac OSX - I will be testing OSX soon. Do we
need to do something clever in the Makefile.PL and detect whether the
right ExtUtils::MakeMaker is there? Hmmmm.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.