[Bioperl-l] Re: BioPerl LocusLink

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:49:11 -0800

I've just committed the locuslink parser. Note that as always this
is bioperl, not perfect, not extremely well documented etc - but the
code works (for us).

The format spec to SeqIO is -format => 'locuslink' (who would have
guessed).

The POD states the format you need and the caveats: basically, you
need the LL_tmpl, and round-tripping is not supported (in fact the
bioperl object model doesn't support that very well for
locuslink-sort objects). Also, the visualization stuff is ignored
(in case you didn't know LocusLink contains all the buttons etc that
NCBI displays in their LL browser).

Everyone who needs those additional pieces of information is more
than welcome to enhance the module.

Suggestions and improvements always welcome.

	-hilmar

Nat, you need to update your CVS checkout to see this. I'm not sure
what the current lag time  is for the anonymous CVS repository to
sync, I believe we have problems there.

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org