[Bioperl-l] OffTopic: Test data for BLAST

Lars G. T. Jorgensen larsj@diku.dk
04 Nov 2002 19:06:08 +0100

Does anyone know where I can download a large dataset and some
test queries for Blast. I need it to investigate what needs NCBI BLAST
has for memory bandwidth and cache size. As we are designing a cluster
for the group.

The biggest I've got so far is ~120Mb database and some queries that
are executed in about 0.60s. Not much fun...

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
System administrator     | Student
Bioinformatics Centre    | Department of Computer Science
University of Copenhagen | University of Copenhagen
http://www.binf.ku.dk    | http://www.diku.dk
When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct? -- Larry Wall