[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DasI

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:48:17 -0400

There's this interesting and unecessary dichotomy between the entry-based
view of Bio::SeqI, which began life as a way to capture EMBL entries, and the
landmark-based view of DasI, which began life as a way to handle annotated
genomes.  It might be that the right way to think about this is "virtual
entries", which combines concepts from the DasI segment and the Bio::SeqI
sequence.

Lincoln