[Bioperl-l] HOWTO doc v1: taking BioSQL + bioperl-db + bioperl and rolling a relational "biosql" database

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Sat, 18 May 2002 05:18:44 +0800 (SGT)

Your e-mail was so spot on: wireless+pizza+beer+hackers = excelletn code +
zero docs

It almost seems that unless we are so rich to hire a few people to keep
listening to our mubmbling and write docs as we code we really should
think of making it a priority/point to document. I am the first to admit
to have committed some of the least documented stuff, so I wonder whether
we could come up with some funny incentive to document, hmmm... iMacs go
to the top doc contributors as measured by number of lines of useful docs
committed? ;)

There goes my Mac, why do I write these things?

> The URL is http://bioteam.net/dag/BioTeam-HOWTO-1-BIOSQL.html

On a more serious note it is true that some very nice notes always came
from kind users who documented their first day trying to get things to
work, so maybe we should just encourage taht more actively (more
realistic?)

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 874 1467         *