[Bioperl-l] ABI file parsing

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 5 May 2002 11:53:55 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> >        Bio::Graphics::FeatureMap
> >        Bio::Graphics::Chromatogram
> >        Bio::Graphics::Pedigree
> >
> > etc
> >

> Makes perfect sense to me.
>
> BTW what would the ensembl folks need to feel irresistibly encouraged?

time to catch our breath (we are doing one genome per month at the moment
and it is hard work). We have deadlines that we have little control over
for the next 6 months, so we can't be talked into "for the good of the
world" projects.

If someone wants to take a look at tearing this part of the code out it is
at

http://cvsweb.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ensembl-draw/?cvsroot=Ensembl

(cvs.sanger.ac.uk, username cvsuser, password CVSUSER, cvs module
ensembl-draw)

This is where the interface/drive split is made.

http://cvsweb.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ensembl-draw/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Renderer/?cvsroot=Ensembl

jim/jmaes - if bioperl wanted to pull the ensembl rendering back end into
the bioperl stuff that would be ok (or would it be better to submit as a
separate CPAN module?). What would someone have to do (ie, where should
the cut be made?)