[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Pedigree

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:50:41 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Albert Vernon Smith wrote:

> I checked out bioperl-pedigree and complied it, but all the tests fail
> with a warning about "Use of Bio::Root::RootI is deprecated."  So,
> these modules need to be updated to reflect this.  I am relatively
> novice with this stuff, so is it a matter of changing references of
> Bio::Root::RootI to Bio::Root::Root or something more involved?
>
> I did have success comiliing bioperl-pedigree on top of branch-07, but
> want to have some similar functionality with the current version.  Are
> there specific plans to update bioperl-pedigree to the current
> codebase?

Yep the code is not really 'officially' released (meaning its not been
updated to meet the new core code specs) and I've not worked on it
since we starting the 1.0 stuff.  It's a pretty trivial changeover that
will get done eventually.  I'm not really sure where the pedigree stuff is
headed as I moved away from human stuff and don't have a need for the
functionality at this time.  Happy for someone to pick up the banner if
they want to build things with it.