[Bioperl-l] 1.0 on schedule

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:26:11 -0500 (EST)

Barring any more deep bugs that I have to find and fix (grr SimpleAlign
and emboss parsing bit today), 1.0 will go out as planned on Monday.  The
latest documentation will be rolled out on the bioperl.org site - moving
to the PDoc system rather than pod2html, as well as we'll introduce an
online Bioperl survey to encourage feedback and to give the developers a
sense of how many people use the toolkit.

If you have any documentation or last minute bug fixes to get in, do so by
Saturday or else it won't be part of the 1.0 release.

Anyone interested in helping out with the release can look over the POD
documentation, the new README and INSTALL documents that I've put up, and
eyeball the SYNOPSIS to make sure they are cut-and-paste runnable.  If you
think your name should be in the AUTHORS file - add it - or send me a note
by Saturday to be included.

-j

--
Jason Stajich