[Bioperl-l] 1.0alpha2-rc released

Chris Mungall cjm@fruitfly.bdgp.berkeley.edu
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:47:42 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Jason Stajich wrote:

> Would someone be willing to add a little blurb about Bio::Perl module
> and/or Chris Mungall do you want to add any text about the bioperl
> perl shell you wrote - probably can go into the README.

Right now the bioperl.pl utility isn't maybe as intuitive as it could it
be. I wouldn't mind if this was punted on til post1.0

for those that don't know, this is an interactive command line utility
that allows easy interaction with bioperl objects and the bioperl API,
using a readline eval loop and a few handy shortcuts.

that doesn't really give the flavour, the best thing to do is type

perl scripts/bioperl.pl

then type "demo"

I'd be interested in seeing what both hackers and newbies think.

A Tk wrapper might be nice.