[Bioperl-l] BioSQL adaptor layer for Genquire running

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:10:02 -0600

Hi BioPerl-ers!

I have finished debugging the BioSQL adaptor layer for Genquire.  It
will now sit happily as a readonly viewer of a BioSQL database, with
~full functionality.  Upon selection of BioSQL as your data source, you
are presented with a drop-down list of biodatabase.name fields to chose
from, after which you begin a Genquire session using that particular
data subset.  (of course, multiple underlying data sources may be
examined in the same session...)

I'd love to have a second pair of eyes/hands go through this on a "real"
installation of BioSQL to make sure I haven't missed anything - if
anyone needs help installing Genquire or bioperl-gui get in touch with
me and I'll do whatever I can.  Please install it from the CVS
(http://www.bioinformatics.org/Genquire) as there have been a few
bug-fixes in the past two days.

I'm going to start working on the read/write layer right away.
hopefully that will be ready in a couple of weeks at the most.

cheers all!

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group