[Bioperl-l] new cvs module bioperl-runnable

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:19:51 -0400 (EDT)

There are LOTS of files now in Bio::Tools::Run.  For people who aren't
running analysis this is a bit of a bite for the building and downloading
and I think it is appropriate for the core of bioperl to be a little
lighter.  If the opportunity and (lack of) hassle were there, I would want
bioperl-live to become bioperl-core.

Anyways, what about moving the Bio/Tools/Run to a new directory.  I had
actually hoped that the bioperl-pipeline would be an appropriate place for
them but I'm not sure if that is true.  So how about a new cvs module
called bioperl-runnable or bioperl-run.

What do people think?  We'd have to all synchronize our watches and have
all checkins completed before it could be done, but I think we can safely
move a portion of the src tree to a new module and keep the CVS history
intact.  Comments?  I'm volunteering to coordinate the move.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University