[Bioperl-l] Fix for fasta loading into bioperl-db

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:28:35 -0700

Also, I should add that setting a missing version to 0 is not a good idea IMHO. 0 is a valid value per se; it really should be NULL if it's not there.

	-hilmar

IMO this is the right one. Bioperl (the semantics I mean) should not be driven by bioperl-db nor biosql (they may reveal bugs though). This should happen in adaptors.

> 3)Change the actual sql of bioperl-db constraint. This one is not easy
> because there is no easy way to tell mysql to put the constraint on
> accession, version and division, OR (if accession unknown) to
> display_id,
> version, division. So from the SQL point of view all we could
> do is remove
> the constraint and trust on checking the constraint only in the code

I'd vote against that.

There is no easy solution for guessing missing attributes.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org