[Bioperl-l] Finally coding...

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:24:52 +0800 (SGT)

Hi Chris,

I am finally back in linux and have some coding time after 6 months of
hectic times...

...I am trying to clean up little bits and bobs in bioperl-db. I removed
some warnings in the tests, and now I find that when you moved to the
ontology system, you added a method to store qualifiers for locations, and
you do something that I can't really follow...

you store both the actual qualifier value as well as a forced int() of the
value (see snippet below). This barfs when the qualifier is something like
"BEFORE", "AFTER", "EXACT", "WITHIN", "BEFORE" and not an int (found in
fuzzy and split locations)... was this intentional?

I guess I am just clibing my backlog of missed knowledge, what's the
purpose of keeping an int value in the table since you can get it on the
fly anyway?

Elia
Code:
self->insert("location_qualifier_value",
                   {seqfeature_qualifier_id=>$qual_id,
                    seqfeature_location_id=>$loc_id,
                    qualifier_value=>$slot,
                    qualifier_int_value=>int($slot)});