[Bioperl-l] indexing and accessing local database

Qunfeng Dong qfdong@iastate.edu
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:07:44 -0500 (CDT)

> What is the full version of perl i.e.
> % perl -v

 This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-linux

> What version of bioperl?
> (if you don't know do this)
> % perldoc -m Bio::Seq | grep VERSION

use vars qw(@ISA $VERSION);
$VERSION = '1.0.1';

> I'll guess that DB_File must not be installed correctly or something as
> this works on most linux+perl distributions out of the box.
>
> What version of DB_File?
> (do this)
> % perldoc -m DB_File | grep VERSION

use vars qw($VERSION @ISA @EXPORT $AUTOLOAD $DB_BTREE $DB_HASH $DB_RECNO
$VERSION = "1.75" ;
	BTREEVERSION
	HASHVERSION
  { XSLoader::load("DB_File", $VERSION)}
  { bootstrap DB_File $VERSION }

I installed the Bundle::Bioperl and Bioperl and the installation seemed to be
successful without any complains.

> Are you getting a segfault or just an exception from bioperl?

Just "Segmentational fault" without any other message

Qunfeng

http://bioperl.org/Core/POD/bptutorial.html#III_1_1_Accessing_remote_databas