FW: [Bioperl-l] need help making biographics tests

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:11:20 -0700

Hmm. This is not going to be very extensible to neither additional
platforms nor additional tests, and maintenance won't be fun
either.  Assuming that the problem is related to byte order, date
encodings, character encodings, and similar things, what about
converting before the comparison step all generated images to a text
format, e.g. PGM or PNM, which would be unaffected by any of the
aforementioned problems, and would compare the pixel values only
(PGM doesn't contain much more). So long as the images aren't
largish ...

Just a suggestion.

	-hilmar