[Bioperl-l] Types of relationships

Chris Mungall cjm@fruitfly.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

what kinds of relationships do you have in mind?

I'm imagining different ontologies here:

Sequence Ontology (for relationships between exons, transcripts, genes,
translations,..)

Interaction Ontology (binds-to, inhibitis, etc)

Comparative Ontology ??? not sure what would go in here other than
orth/par/hom ologous?

Mutation Ontology (between variation feature and gene feature -
characterises type of mutation)

mutation & sequence ontologies already exist in GOBO
see geneontology.org

i'll take a crack at this after bosc - i want to discuss getting some of
the go parsers into bioperl with anyone who wants to listen to me about
event based parsing frameworks