[Bioperl-l] Celera XML parsers

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:51:20 -0400

Hi Allen, et al,

For this to work the standard way, the Celera processors should be subclasses
of an Bio::Variation IO object that will return Bio::VariationI objects when
the next_variation() method is called.  Looking at what we have now, I see a
Bio::Variation::IO class, which has a next() method that returns
Bio::Variation::SeqDiff objects.  Perhaps this does the right thing, but
perhaps not since it assumes that both variant sequences are available.
Heikki, could you comment?

Lincoln