[Bioperl-l] releases {1.0.2, 1.1}

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

I think a lot of good bug fixes have gone in to the branch in the last few
weeks, I'd like to do 1.0.2 at the end of the week.  I believe all of
Lincoln's major graphics edits to support the latest GBrowse release are
on the branch.  Additionally I've fixed quite a few FastA parsing bugs in
SearchIO (thanks to the patience of Robin Emig), some fixed to the Search
objects to bring them in line with Steve's BlastXX objects API, and fixed
some implementation issues with the Tree objects.  I suspect there a few
more bugs out there that have been fixed on the branch and would like to
make them available in the release.  Please update the Changes file to
reflect any changes you've put in on the branch.

If you have outstanding commits on the branch, email me, or get them in
soon (before Thursday) and I'll release on Friday.  It looks like the
tests are all passing as of right now.  I'll need some testers to make
sure we are passing on most platforms (me thinks we should see about
plugging into the CPAN tester system somehow).

As for the developer release, how about 1.1.0 next week?  This would
include the bioperl-run (I'm actually liking it being a separate package,
we'd need to discuss and update the INSTALL docs if it is released this
way), bioperl-pipeline alpha code, and of course the core code in
bioperl-live.  I'm not clear where the bioperl-db code is at this point,
hopefully a little momentum for OBDA will get picked back up at BOSC and
we can coordinate the bioperl|biojava|biopython OBDA compliant
client/server releases (w/ related BioSQL,BioCORBA packages included as
well).

At any rate the dev release would then be available a few weeks before
BOSC and if major things happen we can do a 1.1.1 just before or after
BOSC.

Comments?  Volunteers?

-jason

--