[Bioperl-l] Modify / Delete features from Bio::Seq object?

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:18:14 +0000 (GMT)

Sadly currently you have to do as you suggest - create a new sequence and
then filter features into it. We could put more smarts in, but more smarts
would definitely not port across SeqI implementations (eg, database bound
objects) without something truely funky.

In the future I think we should think about the event system biojava uses
but even then I'm not 100% sure about that..

Making a new object is the follproof way of doing this.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.