[Bioperl-l] Jason and Ewan's TODO list

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:04:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, niranjan wrote:

> am not very familiar with the code (yet). wouldn't mind helping with the
> documentation, if someone could tell what to do...

great!

Start (slowly) with a module which you think yo should be able to use -
eg, let's say AlighIO (stay clear from the really core objects, like
Bio::Seq, as probably one of the core people will be needed to document it
accurrately).

Start by writing a script that you think (should) work. Check that it
does. Does the documentation make sense? Can you understand all the
methods? Edit the documentation of the file to taste and post the
documentation here to the list and we will look it over for obvious errors
and then check it in.

Do that a couple of times and we'll give you cvs access ...

... and welcome....