[Bioperl-l] Tests - Can other people report make test results:

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:52:19 +0000

Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

> Ewan Birney wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Heikki. Any chance of tracking down this clustalw failing bug. Off
> > hand it might be related to my TCoffee bug about it not running. Hmmm...
>
> I'll try.

The problem seems to be in Bio::Root::IO, possibly in method tempfile, but I
can not figure out what exactly is going wrong. The error is caused by
clustalw not being passed a valid temporary filename as a command line
argument. This happens only if File::Temp module is present in the system.
The fallback code in Bio::Root::IO works as it should.

Jason, could you please have a look?

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki@ebi.ac.uk