[Bioperl-l] setup standalong blast to work with bioperl

William Hsiao wlhsiao@yahoo.ca
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 02:21:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I'm trying to setup bioperl and local blast on a
linux box (Mandrake 8.1).  I am a bit confused by the
statement:
Configuring your environment to run Blast - set the
environment variable BLASTDIR to the directory that
contains your blast executeables, it is expected that
a directory called 'data' will be located within this
directory where your sequence db indexes and matrices
are located.
  Is this referring to the PATH environment variable
of the OS (i.e. for bash, .bashrc file) or some other
variables in the bioperl make files?  In order words,
where do I specify the BLASTDIR?  Thank you for your
help.

Will